Sunday, January 22, 2006

22nd Jan, 2006

Megan - you are starting year 2 tomorrow. I am surprised at how calm I am considering that at this time last yr I was absolutely petrified!! What a difference 12 mths makes.
You have allready been 'released' out into the world. I know that more and more each day as I realise how much of a little person you are becoming. No more can I take for granted that I am your number 1...you have so much more in your life - girlfriends, boyfriends, so many outside influences, that I am fast seeing how fragile my hold on you is becoming.
My baby girl has grown up - you have your own opinions, your own sense of style (?) and very much a mind of your own. (I think you have always had this though!) It is hard for me to let go, to allow you the chance to explore, to experiment and find out for yourself all about lifes little ups and downs. I still want to sweep you up and hug you when your friend says she doesn't like you today...my heart breaks when you tell me you weren't included in a game...but I have to let you find your own way...and you are not so eager to run to mummy to explain every little hiccup - you have your pride....too much at times I think.

I just want to try and keep our close relationship - I know we fight (there's that similarity again) -but I know it is vital that we are still able to talk...especially as you get older.
You are only 6 atm, but i know only too well how quickly the yrs go by and I would hate for you to become a teenager and not think you can talk to me.

Anyway sweetheart - on the eve of your big yr 2 debut..I wish you every succes with your new 'man' teacher and I know you will kick some ass...after all you are mummys girl!!

Love you baby!!

No comments: