Friday, January 13, 2006

Jan 2006

(As usual I can never keep up with diaries, either online or on paper.)


Ethan I survived you turning one -wasn't quite so bad as I had imagined. You are now at such a gorgeous and exciting age. You are so cheeky and inquisitive and of course darn right cute!! I love just watching you as you look out the window or watch your brother and sister arguing, fighting or just playing with each other and I can almost hear your little brain ticking over, as you take it all in.
You are standing up without pulling up on anything now, and practice this many times a day. When you do stand up you are taking more and more steps away from furniture or people each time. It won't be long and you will be well and truly mobile on your little toes and then mummy & daddy will be kept on ours!!
Your are talking more and more as well. Everyone who meets you thinks you are just adorable and I couldn't agree more! As I write this you are amusing yourself with some of your musical toys and simultaneously trying to dig a hole in the carpet with a plastic shovel.
You should be sleeping -I will try again after I type this.

Megan you are 6 1/2 now but definitely the cliched going on 26 I am sure!
We fight like cat and dog, no doubt because we are so very similar in personality and temperament. At the moment you are going thru a defiant and almost rude phase. Your favourite word is no and that is if you don't outright ignore me!
Don't get me wrong, you are a beautiful and adorable little girl. You are bright and have an amazing sense of humour. Everyone says what a lovely child you are and I know it is true, but when you have refused to do as I ask for the umpteenth time that morning, it makes my blood boil! (problem is you know this too) *lol*

Then we come to my Zachary. I can't believe you are only 6 mths off being 5 yrs old!! You are a gorgeous little man. You are intelligent, but struggle with the means of getting your point across to us. I know how hard it is for you, how frustrated you get. I am sorry I don't always have the patience to deal with you when we have a bad day (or week). You are progressing all the time, your vocabulary is jumping ahead all the time and more people find it easier to understand what you are trying to say.
You are starting preschool at the 'big school' in just over a week. You are excited I think, but definitely apprehensive as well...or that could just be me!!

All in all I know I am a very lucky mummy and I love you all "up to the sky and back again and then up to Santa Claus" as Megan would say!

Stay safe bubbas! xoxooxoxoxoxo

No comments: