Thursday, September 27, 2007

Without the rose coloured glasses...

Having a bit of a rough time atm. Am seriously sleep deprived, which doesn't help me to look on the bright side, as I usually try to do. I really dislike those that bang on and on and seem to be constantly having a whinge, nothing is going right, blah, blah, blah ...well this week it seems I am one of those people.
I have a cough, I don't feel terribly 'sick' but it is persistent and as soon as I lay down, it hits. COUGH COUGH COUGH So any chance I do get to sleep, is broken by coughing. I was up at 1.30 this morning as I couldn't stop. I tried all sorts of remedies, from cough syrup, to lozenges to a spoonful of honey. It took 1/2 hr before I could basically get a breath - and of course that was when Sam woke up.

Speaking of Sam, he is also sick. Has had temps on and off, still has a cough and is generally not very happy - and definitely NOT sleeping. He got the all clear from the doctor on Monday, but I have him booked in again - can't get in til Saturday though. I have been through the 'checklists' - temp, hot, cold, hungry, wet/pooey, lonely, overstimulated, thirsty, uncomfy....there is nothing I haven't tried - baths, massage, rocking, dummy (refused!)....ARGH this parenting gig is so damn frustrating at times!!

It just so happens to be school holidays as well, so I have the other 3 to try and keep amused. Andy is working, well doing his induction, so is gone from about 8am til 5pm. Mum had the kidlets on the w/e so I don't feel I can ask her to take one or more of them again so soon....but I am struggling.

ATM Zach is sitting at my feet screaming. His behaviour is ridiculous. Megan has a friend over and they were trying to watch a DVD, but Zach kept throwing things and turnign the dvd player off. They tried to play barbies, Zach was throwing blocks and trying to rip their dolls off them - Why the heck can't he just behave in a 'normal' manner for once? This isn't the normal sibling fighting - there is no way to reason with him, he just doesn't see things in the way other children of his age do. I am so bloody frustrated. I don't like him atm...I really don't. I almost resent him for turning everyday events into major bloody catastrophes. A simple shopping trip, a car trip, Meg having a friend over...even trying to eat his damn lunch has to involve conflict.

I am so cranky all the time. I can hear myself ranting at the kidlets and tell myself how ridiculous it is, but it still tumbles out.

I just want some sleep dammit!!! Not freaking much to ask is it?

I just want Zach to talk in a QUIET voice instead of screaming like an idiot - usually when I manage to get Sam settled for the umpteenth time.

Argh I don't know what I want really...maybe a quiet corner somewhere to curl up and hide...and a large bottle of scotch ;-)

No comments: