Monday, October 08, 2007

SHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

...Can you hear that?

SILENCE!!!!

Yup kidlets back at school today! I usually LOVE holidays and dread the whole school run routine and having to get up and ready and out of the house at a set time everyday...you know - actually having to get DRESSED :o lol However this past 2 weeks has been the longest holidays of my life and I am revelling in the serenity of this morning.

I guess there is a big difference just having that 4th child in the house. I can remember after Ethan was born, he just seemed to slip into our lives and routine with barely a ripple. There were days where he would sleep in the bouncy in the lounge room - and I would almost forget he was there!

It isn't even that Sam is a "bad" baby - he is pretty good. He is happy most of the time, content to watch the madness around him...he COULD sleep a little better at night ;-) but hey, we are working on that.

I think the difference is that there are THREE others demanding attention, so it seems that I am running here and there constantly and not really going anywhere - well round and round in circles!

My grandma came to see us last night. She lives down in NSW and my bro went and picked her up on the w/e. Mum drove her in here so she could meet Sam and see the other kidlets.
Grandma is 87 now, yet her energy and vibrance make her seem so much younger. She has always been a very busy person, always helping out on committees and doing her painting or dashing off to church. I hope that when and if I reach her age I have half of her vitality. I htink her sense of humour is a big help too - she is a crack up!
The sad thing is, she has a degenerative eye disease and so is losing her sight. That is why she is up here - to see some specialists and hopefully slow down the sight loss. I am glad she got to meet Sam - it is a pity that Poppy couldn't come as well. He is 91 now and an old crank - but a lovable one. He likes his home comforts, which is understandable. Personally I think Grandma is going to enjoy the break while she is here ;-) He can be a tad hard to live with!

3 comments:

Triple Trouble said...

OMG! Alex's due date was Nov. 29th! He was 9 days early! LOL! How funny! It did go by sooooo fast, didn't it?!!
Alex was an incrediably fragile pregnancy and we almost lost him 4 times. My uterus is shot and he is our last child. I really wanted one more baby but it's all I do some days to keep up with these 3!!

Alex is our miracle baby and a nice way to finish off the family. And we're just weeks to having him completely potty-trained. So I was wondering if I really wanted to start all over again. (???)
I remember that Alex slid very nice into the family too but I know another baby would be a sweet little speedbump. It would be quite an adjustment. Sounds like you're doing just wonderfully with Sam. He's at that fun, roly-poly age now!

Looks like you had a great visit with your Grandma. How sweet. My husbands grandmother just turned 88 this past August and is losing her sight as well. So we cherish every moment with her. She's also in bad health most of the time so every visit and holiday could be our last, so we make them as special as possible. Lots of pics with the kiddies.
My grandparents are all long gone so I cherish my husbands greatly!
I think they're great. I love reading about your grandmothers vitality. I also wish to have that at her age. God willing! LOL!

Enjoy your Tuesday hun, and we'll chat soon. I posted some "kidlet" pics but am still working on the parade pics! I need a few more hours in each day, you know?!!
Bye!

Triple Trouble said...

BYW, I LOVE this song!!
Good choice!! Is it in your slideshow?
Mine's at the bottom of my blog.

I posted 3 new posts when you get time hun.
Until later,
-Tina

lolliegirl said...

Awwwww.. your Grandma looks so sweet.. I wish Emily had had the chance to meet at least one of my g'parents.. Good luck to your Grandma with the specialists..